JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
Check back in September, 2020.
MoJo! is the sister journal to Hidden Charm Press, publishing Black women’s poetry, flash memoir, and flash social commentary.
No particular poetry style is preferred, and a journalistic perspective in memoir and/or social commentary is not wanted. We want to hear your unique voice and opinion!
Queries are welcome.
- There is no reading fee for the journal, nor is there payment for publication.
- Submissions are currently accepted only via e-mail, with your submission pasted in the body of the e-mail. The only attachment that will be opened is your photo.
- Use Times New Roman 12, single-spacing, and include a short bio and a jpeg photo. Give the work a title, and write your name in the e-mail exactly as you would like it to appear.
- No simultaneous submissions or work that is currently published on the Internet. (If it is on your personal blog or website or on a writing workshop site, that’s fine, but by submitting your work here, you are agreeing to remove it elsewhere if accepted for publication in MoJo!)
- If published, you are agreeing not to publish it elsewhere on the Internet for three years, and Hidden Charm Press reserves the right to re-publish your work in future anthologies without compensation. You retain your copyright!
- FYI: Rarely will rhyming poetry, religious writings, or vitriolic political works be published. Vulgarity, gratuitous violence, and bigotry will not be appreciated, much less published. HCP is pro-Black women, not anti-everybody else.
Mignon Ariel King, Publisher & Editor